Here are a few unique kitchen cabinet storage ideas to make your kitchen more functional and hide some common kitchen clutter:
Top reasons to hire a professional design and remodel team:
We’re often asked about the advantages of design-build over the conventional system of a “contractor”. It’s a great question and with over two decades of design-remodel experience under our belts, we feel like it’s a good time to call out our top few reasons why the design-remodel system is so good.
1. Everybody is on the same team: We’re all in this together and we all have the same goal –to arrive at a successful kitchen, bath or closet system that meets or exceeds your expectations for your project. When challenges are encountered on a project (and there are always challenges), pointing fingers is not an option, everyone rolls up their sleeves and works on solutions.
2. Total accountability: One entity is accountable for everything –including how the end result looks, how much it costs and the timeline of completion. When the same group that designs the project also builds the project, there tends to be much more attention given to pricing and scheduling in the design phase. The cost of everything is taken into account early on in the process; all fees, construction costs, materials –everything.
Unfortunately, it’s not unusual for us to hear from people that “their remodel cost twice as much as the architect said it would” –such a scenario is entirely unacceptable in the design-remodel world. Design-remodel focuses on results, not excuses.
3. Continuity: A design-remodel firm is involved from start to finish, which adds an inherent efficiency. The chance for things to fall through the cracks is greatly diminished.
4. Professional guides: We’ve all heard the stories that design and construction can get out of hand and messy. Design and construction shouldn’t be chaotic or stressful. A design-remodel firm is a beacon to clients throughout the process, guiding the way to the best possible outcome. Design-remodel refines a system from beginning to end and manages the chaos into orderly steps via COMMUNICATION.
5. Involvement: Design-remodel operates under the assumption that the client actually wants to be an active participant in the design and remodel of their kitchen or bath. By taking an involvement they’re guaranteeing that they get the outcome and satisfaction of their goals – what they want is going to be achieved. We’ve found that such an involvement is inspiring and gives people a lasting sense of pride about their home.
6. Collaboration: Design-remodel cuts out the big egos so common in the design industry. In design-remodel the client retains total control over the project and the team is there to empower them.
7. The best kind of communication is open, honest and often: The best partnerships work, not because people say what everyone wants to hear, but because they say what everyone needs to hear. Through clear communication the budget is defined early on and it becomes the agreement for the entire project.
8. Cost savings: Inherent to the design-remodel model is a savings of approximately 10% of the project costs. We’ll save the details for a future post but here’s the quick look:
* Disclaimer: it’s possible to have nearly everything above with the traditional system of architect and builder; it’s just that we so rarely see it. Typically it takes architects and builders decades of working together before they reach such efficiency with communication, mutual respect and trust.